Fantastic for both new and old instructors, this book covers a wide range of topics including leadership, risk management, customer service, dealing with fear, canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater kayaking and how to handle your mother-in-law. Well not the last one; you will need to learn that on your own...
A sample of random teaching tips include:
- 44 - If you can get your students to paddle with their eyes shut the environment is about right.
- 87 - Leadership - If one person in your group is feeling cold, scared or nervous, then the whole group are!
- 140 - Anyone who is scared of kayaking had a bad teacher.
- 153 - There is no such things as a ‘correct' paddle stroke, simply a variation that is the most appropriate version for the unique environment the paddler is in.
- 158 - Contrary to popular belief, most people learn to paddle from their mates, your relationship with your student is very, very important.
Purchase Top Tips for Coaches
More info: Pesda Press