Jetboil conducted a survey with an even split of REI shoppers (non-Jetboil users) and Jetboil users. The 1,300+ consumers that participated in the survey created by Jetboil revealed that ease-of-use, safety, and lightweight/compact design rank as top attributes when choosing a mobile cooking system; exactly the features that best describe Jetboil’s new FLASH stove:
- Lightweight: the production version of the FLASH kit will weigh 15 oz, including a stabilizer tripod for enhanced safety and convenience.
- Safety: the color-changing temperature indicator on the cozy lets you know when the cup is hot. Tripod gives you more stability on uneven surfaces.
- Easy to use: all-in-one kit concept provides everything you need to cook in a lightweight package. Click-button igniter offers safe, reliable and easy ignition.
The survey’s findings support the company’s assumption about front country daytrippers and the rise of consumers entering the outdoors at a more amateur level. The OIA also announced that camping sales were one of the few on the rise at the retail level as reported in May (http://verdepr.com/s/40).
The Jetboil survey found that of REI shoppers, 70-percent partake in day hikes, and over half, 55-percent, would consider bringing along a stove for hot food and drinks while on the trail, and a considerable 80-percent agree that having a hot drink or snack can give you a lift during a day outdoors.
Of the Jetboil users, 79-percent partake in day hikes, and 56-percent would definitely consider bringing a system on their day activities with a whopping 94-percent agreeing that having a hot drink or snack can give you a lift during a day outdoors.
So why Jetboil? Fast boil time, compact design and light weight were top three attributes driving decisions to buy a Jetboil, while design and value for the money are the top factors driving outdoor gear purchase decisions.
Jetboil, the brand that opened the backcountry to fast, convenient, and safe food preparation, is bringing a mobile cooking solution designed to enhance the outdoor experience for front-country daytrippers – the FLASH. Current economic trends are helping to bring a new and dynamic wave of consumers to outdoor pursuits like camping, paddling, day hiking, and cycling. FLASH is the ultimate outdoor gear choice for those who want to get the most from their activity.
FLASH is designed to be one of the safest cooking solutions on the market. The cooking vessel clips securely onto the burner preventing accidental spills, and the fuel canister tripod ensures overall stability. Additional safety and design features include:
- FLASH’s insulating cozy with a color-change temperature indicator that signals when contents are hot
- FLASH is an all-in-one design, combining burner and cooking vessel in one compact unit
- The system lights with the click of a button and within two minutes provides two cups of boiling water for cocoa, coffee, instant soup or a gourmet freeze dried meal
FLASH will be available four colors, Gold, Violet, Sapphire and Carbon. Look for it in stores and online beginning October 2009. MSRP: $99.95
For those who live to explore the outdoors, Jetboil is the maker of innovative mobile cooking systems that inspire confidence and assurance like a trusted companion. Only Jetboil builds compactness, ease-of-use, efficiency and dependability into every product.
Verde PR & Consulting