Nalgene has been making products to serve the storage needs of outdoor enthusiasts since the 1970's when its original HDPE 32 ounce loop top bottle became a necessity for outdoor adventurers. Today, Nalgene's broad product line serves a wide spectrum of markets including the home, storage, children, outdoor, fitness and travel.
According to the Advisory Board of the American Benchmark Press, Nalgene is "hailed for its portability and durability-the Nalgene bottle is virtually indestructible-laboratory equipment has never been so cool." The book encapsulates American ingenuity and profiles more than 250 of America's best-known and most beloved brands, and identifies the characteristics that contribute to their iconic status and celebrates their place in everyday American life.
"We are extremely honored to be included in this book alongside revered American brands like Coca Cola, American Express and Apple," said Eric Hansen, senior marketing manager for Nalgene Outdoor Products. "For more than 30 years, Nalgene has been devoted to making superior products - in the U.S.A. - and it's good to know that we have done our job well."
The book was released July 31, 2007 with this being its first edition. The Advisory Board for ICONS OF THE AMERICAN MARKETPLACE is a distinguished panel of entrepreneurs, visionaries, and tastemakers including:
· Lee Abrams, Senior Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, XM Satellite Radio
· Gay Bryant, Editor-in-Chief, Success magazine
· Cathy Gudis, Professor, University of California, Riverside
· G. Kelly O'Dea, Former President, Foote Cone & Belding
· Bernd Schmitt, Professor, Columbia Business School
· Roderick N. Shade, President, Roderick N. Shade Inc. Interior Design
· Brett Shevack, Vice Chairman, Brand Initiatives, BBDO
· Joel Stein, Columnist, Los Angeles Times
· Abby Terkuhle, President, Aboriginal Entertainment Inc.
· Jean Hoehn Zimmerman, Retired Executive Vice President, Chanel Inc.
About NALGENE Outdoor
Nalgene Outdoor Products, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is based in Rochester, New York. Founded in 1949 as a manufacturer of the first plastic pipette holder, the company soon expanded its product line to include state-of-the-art polyethylene labware under the Nalgene brand. By the 1970s, outdoor enthusiasts had discovered the taste- and odor-resistant, leakproof and rugged properties of Nalgene's large selection of plastic containers. In response to this emerging demand, Nalgene Consumer Products was formed. For more information, contact Nalgene Consumer Products or visit our website at www.nalgene-outdoor.com.
Nalgene Consumer Products is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science.
# # #