I just read the sad news this morning over at Simon Willis’s blog, “Apple is dropping the system which allowed me to simply make and upload podcasts. So after six years, that seems like a cue to bring [SeaKayakPodcasts.com] to a close.”
I have been a big fan of his work pretty much since he started posting them and over the years Simon has amassed a huge collection of interviews with paddlers covering topics like destinations, kayak tips and techniques and the business of the outdoors.
If you haven’t listened before here is my list of top 5 podcasts to help get you started:
5) Turner Wilson -Greenlandstyle paddler, he teaches and runs kayak building workshops around the world.
4) Paddle to Seattle - Josh Thomas & JJ Kelley - inside story of their film ofCanada’sInside Passage.
3) Sponsorship - Bob Campbell - former PR man at P&H Sea Kayaks explains what he wants when sponsoring an expedition.
2) Coastguard on Kayakers - Bill Speirs - all the answers to the questions you wanted to ask the coastguard.
1) 5 Star Award - Doug Cooper - what it takes to achieve the BCU 5-star award.
I just heard back from Simon and it looks like the archives are going to stay online for the time being which is fantastic.